• i am nokia N series
    Most of the pictures posted in my blog were taken using my Sony WX5, Nokia n73 and 7610 handphone. If you have any comments pls leave on my cbox.

    02 February 2009
    My crappy internet
    These few days my lappy's internet seems much stable and faster, after a great deal of troubleshooting.

    It started when i signed up a 2mbps broadband on mobile plan with "Sicktel". Initially surfing seems fine until peak hours arrive. I would get 0mbps during peak hours, in the afternoon and at night. 0mbps means i can connect, but unable to surf or MSN cause the speed is zero! This happened everyday and its not acceptable, so i called up Sicktel.

    These are what they will do if the same thing happens to you;

    1st step) Sicktel will reconnect your line again. But it does not solve my problem, so,

    2nd step) I was offered for a free 1to1 exchange of my SIM card. They suspected its the SIM card problem. So i went down to their booth to exchange. I had to wait 12hrs for the new SIM card to be activated. ZZZ. And to my disappointment, the 0mbps problem is still there!

    3rd step) I asked if i can exchange my E180 modem since it may be the cause. (My modem was given free when i signed up.) But Sicktel says they are unable to exchange, i have to go down to my modem's service center to do so. To compensate for all these trouble, Sicktel offered to waive off my 2nd bill.

    4th step) So i went down to my modem's service center, Techwah Service Hub, to test. My modem E180 tested fail. They opened up another new E180 modem to try, still fail. I suggested changing to another model. The other model E169, which was an older model works fine. But they said they cannot change different model, unless i got a letter from Sicktel! Immediately i request him to call his boss over to speak to me. No way i am going to be push here and back there again. Lucky his person in charge came out and says he will feedback to his main office.

    Finally after 4 days, Teckwah called me, they approved changing my E180 modem to E169. So i went down to change.

    Photobucket

    My internet is really better after changing to E169 modem. No choice, have to downgrade from E180 to E169 modem. 算了算了. I read forums that i'm not the only one having this 0mbps problem, some even got their contract terminated with refund.

    So in case if you got this 0mbps problem, you know you are not the only special one.

    Teckwah Service Hub
    Address: 61 Tai Seng Avenue #05-13 UE PRINT MEDIA HUB
    Tel: 65939788
    How to get there: take bus 62, 80, 93. Stop at Taisen MRT.

    Photobucket
    posted by psy @ 1:16 PM  
    2 Comments:
    • At 07 May, 2009, Anonymous Shingo ( support staff ) said…

      Mine also spoil liao :(
      Waited half an hour to finally reach tech help desk at singtel. Then give me address to Tai Seng. Lost the address.. Lucky found your bloc. Thanks.

       
    • At 09 May, 2009, Blogger psy said…

      cool glad it helps u :)

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • ~ I am Nokia N series ~
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Me..

    Location: Singapore
    Email: se17g@yahoo.com
    Recent articles
    My hobbies
    My Heartfelt words
    Dont Miss These
    Interesting Quote

    一辈子有很多朋友, 但是一辈子的朋友有你就好.

    see more quotes
    Favourites
    Archives
    Leave a message? ?

    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    # visitors since 15 Dec 2009